ERICSSON IN THE WORLD
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society - a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term relationships with every major telecom operator in the world allow people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future. Our services, software and infrastructure - especially in mobility, broadband and the cloud - are enabling the telecom industry and other sectors to do better business, increase efficiency, improve the user experience and capture new opportunities. And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions - and our customers - stay in front.
Innovation is an important element of our culture. It is the foundation for our competitiveness and it is key to our future success. We have a long history of pioneering efficient and high-quality telecommunications technologies, reflected in one of the industry’s largest patent portfolios. Through early involvement in new technologies and a strong contribution in the creation of open standards, we are often first-to-market when it matters with new solutions – a distinct competitive advantage.
• With more than 115,000 professionals and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership.
• We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
• Forty percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks.
• And our investments in research and development ensure that our solutions – and our customers – stay in front.
Ericsson Hungary has been a determinant player in the Hungarian telecommunications industry for 25 years. The Hungarian affiliate has considered itself as a significant participant and active member of the Hungarian society ever since its establishment, contributing to the deployment of mobile and wireline broadband networks, to the economic development of Hungary and to the education of the Hungarian technical intelligentsia.
Ericsson is committed to continuously strengthen its local presence and to further increase the number of people it employs in Hungary.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
• Strategic partner of Magyar Telekom, sole supplier of MT’s mobile network
• From the current headcount of almost 2,000 of our company more than 1,200 people are active in the field of research and development, thus making Ericsson Hungary the largest R&D company of Hungary. In the Service Delivery Center – belonging to the business area - highly educated engineers participate in several countries worldwide in serving telecommunication systems, implementation, planning, installation, testing of projects, and integration and support of various systems. The company’s Managed Services Centre is responsible for field and site maintenance for local operators’ network.
• The company considers as a high priority task to strengthen international scientific relations, to promote the international integration of Hungarian research and higher education and to support secondary and university-level education.
• The patents of Hungarian engineers are determinant in the world’s current systems enabling mobile and wireline broadband Internet communication.